WORDS AND SILENCES, NEW DIGITAL EDITION
Starting in May of 2011 Words and Silences the journal of the IOHA, will start receiving contributions for its new Digital Edition, including academic articles (submitted for peer review), book reviews, films, plays or other performances or exhibits that rely on oral historyComplete guidelines for the new Digital Edition will be soon announced to the members of the Association and posted on the IOHA Website.
- Contributions may be written in English or Spanish (or both, speeding up publication date if accepted).
- Contributions submitted to the Academic section will have a maximum extension of 5,000 words.
- Contributions submitted to the Professional section will have a maximum extension of 3,000 words.
- Contributions submitted to the Review book/exhibition section will have a maximum extension of 1,000 words.
- Use MSWord for windows or a compatible format (i.e., RTF Rich Text File)
H-Oralhist (http://www.h-net.org/~oralhist/), is an on-line network for those interested in studies related to oral historyIt is a member of the H-Net, the Humanities & Social Sciences Online initiative, an international interdisciplinary organization of scholars and teachers dedicated to utilizing the enormous educational potential of the Internet and the World Wide WebIts edited lists and web sites publish peer reviewed essays, multimedia materials, and discussion for scholars and the interested publicThe computing heart of H-Net resides at the Center for Humane Arts, Letters, and Social Sciences Online, at Michigan State University, but H-Net officers, editors and subscribers come from all over the globeYou can subscribe for free to the oral history list at: http://www.h-net.org/lists/subscribe.cgi?list=H-OralHist
IOHA MEMBERSHIP DETAILS
The International Oral History Association (IOHA) was formally constituted in June 1996 at the Eleventh International Oral History Conference in Goteborg, SwedenThe Association provides a forum for oral historians around the world, in order to foster international communication and cooperation and a better understanding of the nature and value of oral historyThe Association meets every two years in a different region or continent. Benefits of membership include:
- Concessionary rates for the biennial international oral history conferences
- Copies of Words and Silences, the annual, bilingual (English and Spanish) Journal of the IOHA (containing oral history articles, an index of oral history journals from around the world, special items and commentaries on oral history issues)
- Access to the IOHA home page on the world wide web
- Access to IOHA News, the on-line newsletter of the Association
- Voting rights at the Association’s General Meetings and Council elections
- Active participation in the international community of oral historians.
Membership is open to any individual or institution supporting the aims and objectives of the AssociationThe Association is governed by a Council elected at the General Meeting of the biennial international oral history conferenceThe President of the Association is Pilar Dominguez, from Spain, and current Council members come from Argentina, Canada, China, Mexico, New Zealand, South Africa, Spain, the United Kingdom and the United States.
For membership forms, go to Membership on the IOHA websiteFor inquiries e-mail the Association’s treasurer, Almut Leh (email@example.com).
Fees for two-year membership (July 2010 – June 2012)
Individuals: 50 Euros
Institutions: 100 Euros
Students: 25 Euros
Members’ profile changes
If you change your email address, please notify the IOHA treasurer, Almut Leh (firstname.lastname@example.org) or change directly by accessing your member profile athttp://www.iohanet.org/membership/member.php
IOHA NEWSLETTER GUIDELINES AND DEADLINES
Copy is preferred as Microsoft Word attachmentFootnotes included in items should be included only in parentheses and not formattedImages and illustrations should be scanned at 72dpi, and sent in jpg or pic formats.
Send via e-mail to both co-editors:
- Future conferences, meetings, and other announcements: 250 words
- Conference reports: 500 words
- Archive News: 500 words
- New Projects: 1000 words
- October 15 – posted to web site in January.
- April 15 – posted to web site in June