The International Oral History Association (IOHA) and the Oral History Association of India (OHAI) are pleased to be hosting the XIXth International Oral History Conference at the Srishti Institute of Art, Design and Technology, Bengaluru, India from 27th June to 1st July 2016.
The theme of the conference will be “Speaking, Listening, Interpreting: the critical engagements of Oral History” and we look forward to receiving abstracts under the following themes:
• Oral History’s relationship to Anthropology
• Oral history, Memory and Literary Studies
• Engaging with History
• Women’s History and Oral history
• Oral Narratives and Legal Studies
• Oral History, Community Life and Critiques of Development
• Oral Narratives of Caste and Communities
• Traditions, Folklore and History
• Oral History in the Archives
• Oral History, Gender, Politics and Oral Narratives
• Orality, Memory and History
• Oral History of Science
A more detailed call for papers can be found here. All abstracts need to be submitted before 30th July 2015.
For more information, please visit: https://iohaconference2016.wordpress.com/