Welcome to IOHA Finland!
The Finnish Oral History Network (FOHN), University of Jyväskylä and the Finnish Literature Society (SKS) will host the XX International Oral History Congress at the University of Jyväskylä, Finland, from 18th June to 21th June 2018.
The theme of the XX IOHA Congress is Memory and Narration. Panels and presentations will address the following themes:
- Archived oral history
- Personal and shared narratives
- Transgenerational memory
- Class, gender, age and memory
- Traditions, folklore and history
- Oral history research in different disciplines
- New waves of oral history
- Oral history, theory and ethics
- Oral history and narration
- Life narratives and oral history
The XX IOHA Congress coincides with the anniversary of two important events in Finnish history, the centennial of the 1918 Finnish Civil War as well as the end of World War I. The congress organizers would therefore like to welcome also contributions that address memories of wars and other conflicts, narratives of survival, intergenerational war memories and communities of commemoration.
For more information, please visit: https://www.jyu.fi/en/congress/ioha2018
If you have any questions concerning the Congress, please email: email@example.com