The International Oral History Association (IOHA) was formally constituted in June 1996 at the 11th International Oral History Conference in Goteborg, Sweden. The Association provides a forum for oral historians around the world, in order to foster international communication and cooperation and a better understanding of the nature and value of oral history. The benefits of membership include:
- Concessionary rates for the biennial international oral history conferences
- Copies of Words and Silences, the annual, bilingual (English and Spanish) Journal of the IOHA (containing oral history articles, an index of oral history journals from around the world, special items and commentaries on oral history issues)
- Access to the IOHA home page on the world wide web: http://www.iohanet.org
- Copies of the bilingual newsletter detailing IOHA conferences and news.
- The right to vote at General Meetings of the Association and in the Council elections.
- Active participation in the international community of oral historians.
Membership is open to any individual or institution supporting the aims and objectives of the Association. The Association is governed by a Council elected at the General Meeting of the biennial international oral history conference. The President of the Association is Pilar Dominguez, from Spain, and current Council members come from South Africa, Germany, Argentina, Canada, Spain, the United States, England, Japan, Mexico and New Zealand.
For membership forms, go to Membership on the IOHA website. For inquiries e-mail the Association’s treasurer, Almut Leh ([email protected]).
Fees for two-year membership (June 2012 – June 2014)
Individuals: 50 Euros
Students: 25 Euros
Institutions: 100 Euros